Originally, this was supposed to be a cool layered smoothie jar thing but, as you can see from the picture, it didn’t exactly work out that way.
I’m trying to make my food more fun and incorporate different things together like granola and mason jars, to name a few. I’ve also seen smoothie bowls either on Tumblr or Insta so I thought, “Why not give it a go!”
I had the right idea…I think. But, this was my finished product (see image below). While it didn’t LOOK how I wanted it to, the taste was still pretty spectacular and it was still fun mixing the granola together with the smoothie.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- 1 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
- a handful of spinach leaves
- 1 cup frozen pineapples
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 c almond milk
- a dash of cinnamon powder
- And layers of granola
- 1 mason jar
Here’s what you do:
- Add all the ingredients (except the granola) into your blender and blend till you get the consistency you like.
- Take your mason jar and pour a layer at the bottom.
- Pour a little of your smoothie on top of that.
- Alternate granola and smoothie till you reach the top of your jar.
- Grab a spoon and mix away!
While my smoothie wasn’t runny, it definitely wasn’t thick enough to not seep through my granola layers. I’d suggest adding a few pieces of ice or pineapple to the blender to thicken it up.