Today was one of those rare days where I woke up just early enough to make myself look decent. I don’t know how I did it in college but you’d think that I’d keep that momentum going in the working world. NOPE.
I have the luxury of working five minutes from where I live. Seriously. But because I live nearby, I allow myself to sleep longer because, hey, I live so close that I can afford to sleep 5 minutes longer.
Unfortunately, my appearance ends up taking a hit because of this. I usually just throw my hair up into a high ponytail or a bun, wear foundation and powder, and if I’m lucky, some blush or mascara.
But not today! I wasn’t planning on going to the gym so I thought I would do something a little more with my make up and my outfit.
- Peplum Top – Target
- Legging Pants – Uniqlo (Thank you, mom, for getting me these! They look like work pants but feel like leggings. Love!)
- Knee High Boots – Target
I decided to wear this peplum top that was hiding in my closet. I got it back in 2013 and only wore it a couple times. The arm holes were a bit uncomfortable so I stopped wearing it. But, after a year and a half, I decided to get over it and I’m so glad I did. I’ve missed this top. It’s super flattering and I love the colors/pattern. It’s not overwhelming but so full of color!
I paired my top with my legging pants from Uniqlo and my boots from Target. Those two have been such a staple in my work outfit. The pants look professional but feel like leggings. It’s the best of both worlds! And I’ve been eyeing knee high boots for a long time so when I finally found the LAST pair at Target, I bought them and wear them almost every single day.
For my make up, I decided to go for a look that I reserve for when I’m going out for the day. Not quite nighttime make up but not super casual either.
Here’s what I used:
- Rimmel Stay Matte – Creamy Beige
- MAC Paint Pot – Indianwood
- Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Volum’ Express – black
- Random eyeshadow palette but look for a shimmery dark brown and a shimmery light pink/purple color
Here’s what I did:
- Apply the Rimmel powder on your eyelids and below your lower lashline to keep the shadow from creasing throughout the day.
- Apply a really light coat of the MAC Paint Pot all over your lids and a little extra on your lower lashline, focusing on the outer half.
- Pack the shadow applicator with the dark brown color and place it just over your upper lashline.
- Take a fluffy brush and blend the brown shadow out. There should be more shadow by your upper lashline than anywhere else on your lid.
- With a smaller brush, put the pink/purple color on the outer half of your lower lash line. You can blend this a little bit if the line is too harsh. Don’t over do it; raccoon eyes aren’t cool!
- Apply a few coats of the Maybelline mascara to your upper and lower lashes. I do about 2-3 coats.
And there you have it!
I was feeling this look so I had to create some kind of evidence that this happened. Here’s hoping that I’ll wake up early again tomorrow!
What is your make up routine when you’re in a pinch? I’d love to hear from you!