I don’t know about you but once it hits Wednesday, my food inventory starts dwindling down. Is it just me?? All the food I was looking forward to eating somehow gets eaten in the first half of the week. Strange…
And now, all I have left is kale pretty much. I didn’t know what to do with it but then a lightbulb went off in my head and I thought of the PERFECT recipe to use it in.
Sautéed kale has been one of my favorite things to make (although I neglected it in recent months) because it takes something that tastes kind of meh when it’s raw and turns it into something tasty and I want to eat all the time. It’s a blank canvas, if you will.
Of course, I like to experiment when I cook so you bet I threw in some random ingredients. But luckily for me, it worked to my advantage because I think it came out REALLY good!
And now, I want to share this recipe with you kale and healthy food lovers! I think you’ll like this. But…that’s for you to decide!
Spicy Sauteed Kale Recipe!
Here’s what you need:
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 big handfuls of chopped kale
- 2-3 C. of grape tomatoes
- A dash of seasoning (optional) – Mine is Cajun’s Choice Blackened Seasoning
- 1 sliced avocado
- Sriracha. Obviously….but optional.
Here’s what you do:
- Oil your pan and begin to heat it on medium heat.
- Add your kale once the oil starts to heat up and mix it around a bit to get the leaves coated with some oil.
- Add your seasoning and toss the leaves some more.
- Stir the leaves around for about a minute.
- Add your tomatoes and cover pan with a lid. Sautee for a few minutes and mix every now and then.
- Slice your avocado and place at the bottom of your bowl.
- Take your sauteed kale and tomatoes and serve on top of the avocado.
- Drizzle a little (or a lot!) of sriracha.
I love finding new uses for kale especially since the only time I consume it is in smoothies. This is a nice alternative and a great way to use up kale (or whatever greens you prefer) if you feel like you’ve kept it in your fridge for a bit.
And the best part about this recipe is that you can literally use anything you want. You could sautee spinach or some other greens if you wanted to. I prefer kale because it won’t wilt so much to the point it becomes mushy once you sautee it. And when I had this bowl again for dinner, I added black beans and corn and it was equally as delicious, if not better!
Get creative! That’s what makes food so much fun. You never know what you’ll create if you don’t try. 🙂
I hope you get a chance to try this recipe and more importantly, I hope you enjoy it!