Have you ever heard of an energy ball?
No, it’s not some weird workout equipment and it’s not some mystical phenomenon.
It’s actually a food. Well, a dessert, if I’m being 100% honest.
I’ve been seeing these circling the food section of Pinterest and now I understand why; they’re freaking amazing!
I’ve been staring at various energy ball recipes for a while and I’ve been itching to make a batch myself. They look absolutely delicious and very simple to make.
I’m also going camping in a couple weeks and I want to bring along a nice homemade snack that doesn’t come out of a plastic bag or box.
Anyway, I couldn’t be more pleased with how my first batch of energy balls came out. They’re chocolatey and the dried cranberries are an unexpected, yet pleasant, surprise. Best of all, they require absolutely no baking!
Here’s how you can make your own! 🙂
No Bake Cranberry Chocolate Chip Energy Balls Recipe
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup dry organic rolled oats (NOT the 1 minute kind)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- a handful of chocolate chips
- a handful of dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey (FYI: I used raw honey and had to double boil it to melt it)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cacao powder
Here’s what you do:
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix.
- If mixture is too liquidy, thicken it with any of the dry ingredients. If mixture is too thick, use either more almond butter or honey.
- Place mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take tablespoon sized scoops of the mixture and roll into balls.
- Store energy balls in an airtight container.
- Eat one. 😉
Well, there you have it! A delicious, easy, fast, and super sweet treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. It definitely satisfied mine. 🙂 I have a few more left sitting on my counter and each time I walk past them, I have to tell myself to restrain myself haha. This is a test of my will power, for sure! LOL.
What other energy ball recipes have you tried? Let me know in the comments below!