There’s a new addition to the family! A baby! Well, a fur baby to be exact. My roommate adopted a puppy about a month ago. His name is Playdoh and he’s the cutest thing ever! And obviously, being first-time dog owners, we decided to throw him a puppy shower. I know, it’s so #LA, but it had to be done!
[We’re pretty sure Playdoh’s a German Shepherd and Pitbull mix. I just can’t get enough of that face!]
We went A LITTLE overboard with the food and made a giant bone-shaped cake with three different flavors inside, bone-shaped rice krispy treats, and Scooby snacks (for humans). But I think our crowning achievement were the bone-shaped tortilla chips!
They were ridiculously easy to make and they were a hit! With just a dash of seasoning and a cookie cutter, we turned plain tortillas into fun finger food! We did not make enough.
Want to know how we made them? Keep on reading for the Dog Bone Tortilla Chips recipe!
Dog Bone Tortilla Chips Recipe
Here’s what you need:
- Bone shape cookie cutter
- Flour tortillas – mine were from Poquito Mas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Garlic powder
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F.
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out bone shapes from your tortillas.
- Place your cut tortilla chips on a cookie sheet.
- Using your finger, dab a little oil on each chip so it won’t burn while baking.
- Lightly sprinkle salt and garlic powder over the chips.
- Bake in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until crispy but not burnt!
- Serve with your choice of dip and enjoy!
Pro Tip: Feel free to use any seasoning you want! I had never made these before so I used pretty basic seasoning just in case they turned out weird haha.
It is literally that simple to make. I was stunned when I realized I could literally make these in five minutes. Where has this recipe been all my life?!
But now you know how to make these and you can impress your friends with your mad tortilla chip making skills at your next party! 🙂
What’s the most bizarre party you ever hosted? Share it in the comments below!