A year and a half after starting my job, I finally decided it was time to start adding color to my office. I’m a bit late but…better late than never. Right…???
Either way, it was time to add a little personality into my very beige/neutral office. And since not having a mousepad was my biggest problem, I figured, “Why not start there?”
Luckily, I had an old tank top with a really pretty pattern I wanted to repurpose so this DIY was definitely meant to be.
Keep on reading if you wanna make your own DIY mousepad!
Here’s what you need:
- Cork sheets
- Scissors/X-acto knife
- Mod Podge
- Glue gun
Here’s what you do:
- Cut out a big enough shape for your mouse.
- I freehanded a square but you can make any shape you want!
- Mod Podge the entire surface of your cut cork board and place your fabric over it.
- Make sure you have a little extra fabric on all sides to glue to the other side of the cork board/the bottom of your mousepad.
- Cut a straight line from the corner of your fabric to the corner of your mousepad. If you’re making a square, do this for every corner. This is so you can glue down your fabric to the back without too many awkward bumps or much fabric to cut.
- Glue down your fabric to the back of your mousepad.
- Cut any excess fabric that peeks from underneath.
Pro Tip: I would add some little rubber stickers to the bottom of your mousepad so it doesn’t slip around while you’re using it. 🙂
And you’re done! Now you have a cute and very inexpensive mousepad to brighten up your work area. It definitely makes me happy seeing those pretty colors every day!
What are some of your favorite work-related DIYs? Tell me in the comments below!